Forgiveness

John 8:7, “So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.” John 8:9, “And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.” You see it every day. Someone railing about another person’s sin. There seems to be a constant toss up over who sinned the most, whose sin was worse, who deserves punishment, who deserves, forgiveness, which sin brings the most shame. In Jesus presence, we would hear what the men in John 8:7 heard. “He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.” God isn’t interested in me knowing all about someone else’s sin. He wants me to turn my thoughts inward. When I do, I will be convicted and will either respond as those men did, and walk away, leaving Jesus alone; or I will do as the man in Luke 18:13, “And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.”

No comments:

Post a Comment