God Loving Through Me

Romans 5: 5, ”And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.”
This verse follows a series of verses explaining how we go from tribulation to patience, then on to experience and finally to hope. I love focusing on this concept, but suddenly something else jumped out me. The part of verse 5 that speaks of the love of God being in our hearts. It all became suddenly clear. I shouldn’t be trying to love anyone or anything with my love alone. I have been given the love of God by the Holy Ghost into my heart. That then means we have a perfect love according to I john 4:17, “Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.”
How can I judge the love I have and show whether it is my love or God’s love? God’s love will not be tainted with sin of jealousy, anger, pride, fear, hatefulness, contempt, etc. It will love when others are being unloveable. It will love the things of God and not the things that come in our way of righteousness. It will guide me into service of the Lord. It will draw me nigh unto God. It will be the love that empowers me to love as described in the two greatest commandments to love God with all my heart, soul, and mind, and to love my neighbour as myself.
May I remember each day that my love is not enough. I have a more perfect love already given to me. This love that God has given me is a way for Him to love people and to love the right things through me. Let me be that channel of love.






written by: Sherry Eubanks

No comments:

Post a Comment